Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A deal with the unknown

The year was 1999.Time and place;approximately 3.30pm in Ikeja Lagos,Nigeria.Picture me walking through a bustling and inconsiderate crowd who don't care about how little or fragile i was at time.I was supposed to be making my way back home from the days shower of Math lessons but heres where curiosity and questioning the unknown brought me.I have no idea why i was a target but heres how i went through the day that year.
A man walked up to me, couldn't quite get his sentences together but being a smart kid i gathered and summed up what he was trying to say.He was speaking in French with little English trying to tell me  he was lost and was trying to get directions.I looked at the little piece of paper he had in his hands,the address didn't quite make sense to me.I told him he had things mixed up and there was no way the address existed.He then decided to tell me how he had VCR, TV sets,cell phones to pickup at this address from a Lady he had a business deal with.
Thinking like a child that i was,I immediately told him that he had been deceived or should i say duped...?
I felt like his Alpha and Omega at the time.I felt like i had designed a rocket to the moon,i had just saved someone some time in his life.

To be continued...



☆Jubril Blaize☆
     April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home's where my Heart is....

Home's where my Heart is....